Michele Regenold, Writing for Kids from the Boondocks

A blog about writing for children and the quest for publication.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Figuring out a semester plan

It feels like I've been away from home for a month. It's tough to keep track of what day it is.

My brain is stuffed with more things to try in my writing.

Until today, I assumed that next semester I would just work on finishing a first draft of my YA mystery. Now I'm wondering if I should also start another project so I can have something else to work on if I get stuck on my mystery. I'm deep in the murky middle, and sometimes it's hard to keep plowing forward. Working on something else sometimes might be nice.

The something else I'm thinking of is a character-based YA novel, which would be very different for me. But it would be based on a brief memoir I've already written. It would be fun to try a more formal planning process with this new novel.

I'll run this by my new advisor tomorrow and see what she thinks.

In the past I've found it difficult to work on two novels at once. Maybe it won't work. But maybe it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home