Michele Regenold, Writing for Kids from the Boondocks

A blog about writing for children and the quest for publication.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Graduating students' gifts to faculty

One of the traditions at Vermont College is for the graduating class to present small gifts to the faculty on the first day. This happens at the end of the opening session.

My class had many discussions about this. Maybe I'm the most introverted of the 8 of us, but I really, really didn't want to do anything involving singing or dancing. We finally decided to walk in, with attitude, to the Mamas and the Papas version of a song whose title I'm blanking on but has to do with dedications (our class name is the Dedications). We wore scarves and sunglasses (except me because I'm wearing regular glasses). Even to do that much I needed some liquid help. Let me just say that the Vermont beer tinged with blackberries was tasty.

We gave faculty personalized notepads with their names, a cute design, and a quote from their letters to us. We also included silly candy and short notes that we each wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home